Thursday, March 5, 2015

coveting tribal portraits

Coveting visually compelling artworks of tribal women, men or children's portraits lately. Larger than life-size photos or artworks are a great focal point in eclectic, globally inspired home decor.



Since these artworks are a little pricey, of course I decided to take matters into my own hands:) I used one of my 2 old postcards that I found on ebay. I love both of these powerful African mother and child photos but the reason why I picked this one was because it gets me every time I look at it. I feel the pride and strength through her eyes.
After working on it with PhotoShop a little, I went to Staples and got an Engineering print done (approx. 23" X 35") -which was very cheep, around $4-. It doesn't give a very good quality print but it satisfies my cravings since I change my wall decor so often. It is grainy close up but I only look at it from a distance therefore it works well for me. You can also get a better quality print for a little more. I also had backing and lamination (they don't do only backing without lamination) which cost me $35 for all.



Original postcards.




One of the drawback of a laminated surface is it sometimes glares.




It is grainy close up. 

Some of the inspirational images I found on Pinterest;

Interior Design Archives | Page 2 of 11 | Song of Style
via pinterest

Found on Song of Style - Interior Design Archives.

Handmade Sliced Conical Shell Neckpiece - Home By Tribal
via pinterest

Sold by Home by Tribal store. Artist Sidik.

Eclectic diningroom with large ethnographic portrait photo
via pinterest

Found on fentonandfenton. Eclectic dining room with a large portrait by Artist Sidik. They also sell these amazing artworks.

Red Cross Palm Beach Showhouse
via pinterest

Found on hello.sukio. Red Cross palm Beach Showhouse.

Would go great in my living room
via pinterest

Found on desiretoinspire. Oliver Gordon for Heart Home magazine.

Gorgeous eclectic ethnic decor. Wall colour Farrow & Ball "Downpipe"
via pinterest

Found on fentonandfenton.  Samburu Warrior by Bagus Rai.

Gorgeous eclectic ethnic decor by fenfon&fenton.

Home - Home By Tribal
via pinterest

Paintings by Artist Sidik.

This photo by @lisacohenphoto and styling by @becksimonstylist . They are sold by Home by Tribal store.

♥
via pinterest

Papua New Guinea Kids - by Artist Made Seni Budiarta.  This photo by
@lisacohenphoto , styled by @becksimon . Sold by Home by Tribal store.

Home - Home By Tribal
via pinterest

African Boy with Fruit - by Artist Sidik. Sold by Home by Tribal store.

I am so in love with these amazingly styled vignettes by Home by Tribal ! It is a Melbourne based boutique online store offering exotic treasures from tribal life including these stunning artworks. Most of the large size artworks are available at their stores.

Have a delicious day!xx


4 comments:

  1. lovely - really high on my "to do" list as the images take on a whole new dimension with size. Time to sift through that pile of postcards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! I am so happy that it inspired you! Looking forward to seeing what you find xx

      Delete
  2. A great idea! Sometimes grainy can give it a mood - I like the grainy better than the tack sharp for this photo subject, actually. The inspiration photos are all gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally agree with you, I think it gives a better character. Thank you very much for your lovely comment and visit! xx

      Delete